Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got offered the chance to go... but I've been several times and I really am more interested in the Laguna action instead... if you've never been, you'll have a great time... the speed those cars do is sobering (although not as fast as F1 of course...)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cart cars don't compare to F1 cars though really for track speed. Last year at Montreal (Gilles Villeneuve circuit) the best Indycar times were more than 7 seconds slower than the best F1 times (same circuit layout)... but they're still nutty fast. TV doesn't do open wheel cars any justice, they look SO much faster in person... something about the tv zooming as they come down the straights takes away from the effect...

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Race was great, Tracy absolutelty dominated it. 30 second lead halfway through, then a yellow bunched up the field with 27 laps to go, but tracy pulled away again to a 6 second lead or so.

Some chick in my area of the "beer garden" (I was right at the turn 10 chicane/pit in) kept flashing us all event long, was a good day in all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man that must of been nice! :D It was my first time going and it was amazing. I just about shit myself when I heard them comming down Lakeshore the first time! I was sitting in the bronze section at the North-West section of the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.