Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!.... I bought some sliders for my 03 ZX6R, the bolts for the sliders apparently replace the engine mount bolts... I need to know what the torque settings are for those bolts? If anyone has a clue or can lead me in the right direction, I would certainly appreciate it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
they are easy to remove. just stick the short side of the appropriate sized hex key in there and i made a 'cheater bar' handle by pulling the handle of my jack off and placing the hollow end over the long part of the hex key. gives you extra leverage.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Look up Wan2Fly on this forum... he got the maintenance manual for the bike... send him an email, I'm sure he'd look it up for ya... good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I can't seem to get the hex bolts off of my bike. I also just bought some sliders recently, but I'm just using the little angle wrench that comes with the bike. Do I need some more leverage to get these things off? They seem tighter than all hell...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
those little hex "angle" keys will screw up your bolts for sure, get yourself a nice set of hex sockets for your torque wrench....

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
ohh I misread, I thought he wanted to know how to put them on with the proper torque....

yeah no need to remove them with a torque wrench...but you still do not want to use those hex keys...go with the sockets...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.