Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what to torque the nut on the top of the triple clamp to (the one in the middle)? Is there even a spec? Thanks,

BD

·
Registered
176 Posts
The one in the center?

The spec is a-fucking-lot. With the aluminum nut that came with my steering damper, it's ~105 ft-lbs.

However, make sure to verify the actual number before you torque it, I just want to make sure you know there is one, and it's high.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Last time i checked you DO NOT WANT to torque your steering stem nut down to 105ft lbs..

If going by the hyper-pro install guide goes...its like 20ft lbs on that bad boy...could be wrong as i am going off memory..

Someone has to have a manual floating around here somewhere...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I cranked it down with just a 12" cresent as I didn't have a 28 mm socket for my torque wrench. I doubt with the angle I had to use I got it to even 58 ft. lbs.. 100 ft. lbs. (suspension on by truck took around that) takes some tugging with a big ass torque wrench.

Incidently, I ran for quite a while without anything at all on there[:0] as I didn't even realize it was gone (no issues). My buddy said he thought he saw something fly off after I set down a wheelie kinda hard, but I didn't know what it was. I hope the nuts under the triple didn't loosen. I'll have to double check.

BD

·
Registered
176 Posts
Maybe I'm thinking of something else, or maybe it's different with my steering damper, but I had to torque something to a lot.

I just checked, and it was actually 90 ft-lb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.