Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, glad to be alive. I hit some series pot holes last saturday while riding, and flew off the front of my bike. The bike is totaled, and thank god I had my helmet on or I would of been toast. I have some road rash but it seems to be healing just fine. Is there anything that I should put on the road rash, so I can go the the gym?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
sorryt to hear bro. had an accident in jun still in a cast. for roads rash use neosporen or some other creams . what kind of bike.

·
Registered
239 Posts
glad that you're ok. sorry to hear about your bike. what bike are you planning on getting next?

before hitting the gym, just give the road rash a generous coating of neosporin and then cover it up w/ some sort of gauze or bandage, depending on where its located on your body.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Damn seems to be a common theme (crashing)

I haven't crashed yet; but I'm pretty cautious and only ride at night (no people or CARS)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bacitracin or Neosporin is probably your best over the counter stuff. As for me the doctor has me putting on silver sulfadiazine which is a prescription cream and it works great. My road rash from last week is almost all gone. As it heals I put neosporin on it to prevent scars but that silver sulfadiazine is the shiznit. It makes it feel better to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by Kaos

Bacitracin or Neosporin is probably your best over the counter stuff. As for me the doctor has me putting on silver sulfadiazine which is a prescription cream and it works great. My road rash from last week is almost all gone. As it heals I put neosporin on it to prevent scars but that silver sulfadiazine is the shiznit. It makes it feel better to.
Boy, I can tell that someones been there and done that before. This guy is right on the money. The silver sulfadiazine is the best stuff on the market right now for road rash and burns. I crashed a couple of months ago. I tried everything. The silver sulfadiazine really soothes the wound. The next best thing is the neosporin plus. This has the pain relief stuff in it. Go to walmart and buy the generic brand. Like the other guy said the silver sulfadiazine is by perscription only. Keep the rash area clean. This will hurt like he%% but scrub it everyday and redress it. Your rash will heal a lot quicker and you will have a better chance of not scaring. Good luck!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Did you clean out the wound well after the accident???
don't want any debris left inside.

(the docs tied my friend down on a gurny when he was brought to the hospital after an accident.
After strapping him down, they cleaned out his wounds with STEEL WOOL!!! OUCH!
they said they had to make sure all the dirt and debris was scrubbed out!
And they never gave him any pain killers, caused it would affect the mri/xrays or something like that...)

I'd stay away from the gym,
gonna be tough keeping that rash covered up at the gym, with you moving around and sweating
and those work out seats/benches etc... are kinda bateria laden....
specially when the person before you doesn't wipe it down if they sweat alot....

but then I'm a gern-a-phobe!

good luck
Ken

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
when i had my accident i never had my wounds scrubbed. they just gave me vicodin and told me to try and scrub in the shower or something. and holy shit that vicodin is some freakin awesome stuff. i felt nothing when i was scrubbing fresh 2nd road rash! absolutely no pain at all! no wonder people get addicted to it.

heres a pic

how fast do you guys heal? this was about 3 years ago and i still have scars. i even had to have them injected by a dermatologist with some type of steroid or something to make them get smaller, but they're still there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
my grandma says eucalyptus oil does the trick: "for coughs, colds, saw holes and anything else you can think of" sux if you live in the states or anywhere else bar australia. anyways, just thoguht i'd thro it in for the mix.

glenn

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know that was a frightening experience. Glad you're okay. Watch for redness around the wound area. Keep your wounds clean, scrub area every day to ensure no debris present. Then apply generous silver sulfadiazine (or = OTC ointment) and wrap with gauze. If redness appears around the wound you may have an infection and should notify your doc immediately. After a week or so, when it starts to scab over keep unwrapped and apply aloeviral (sp?) to prevent serious scarring, plus that will assist in healing faster. Don't recommend stressing area at all until scabs over. Don't go cheap on yourself, or you'll have serious road rash scars. Get well soon. And work on a cooler story to tell people instead of saying you dumped it in some potholes... lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.