Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

touble after trouble

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  swissRR 
#1 ·
hello, i got a zx6rr 03 that i've just rebuilt but im having 3 problems with it.

1. the bike wont start, it is full of fuel and the battery has been charging over night and seem to be just fine. the engine feels like its about to start but nothing happens, the starter seem to be working as well and i dont get the brrrrrrr sound that comes from a dead battery.

2. the head light wont show any sign of life whats so ever!

3. i have a grey plug under the air box but i cant seem to figure where its going?! its grey on the outside and orange on the inside.

Can some one please help me i'm starting to loos it!

thank you

#5 ·
alright guys i'm gonna look into the fuel pum and and the trottle body in an hour or so and i'll let you guys know. thank you very much for the help!!! the FI light is on all the time on the gauge so it would make sense.

thank again for the help

#10 ·
sweet

alright so i followed u guys direction and i got her to start without having to give it an oil change nore changing the pulgs, but i still did after might as well since it kinda needed it. now i just dont know if the head light will work but i will keep you guys up to date.

thanks again for all the help.

Swiss

#13 ·
service manuals. thank god for service manuals.

make sure you have one next time you do something like removing the engine...
you know whats funny is i did purchase one and i couldn't find any help in it(regarding my problem). when to my local shop ( on foot :() and he didn't seem surprised i could find the answer in it.

i just wish there was more illustration in it. not easy find info when u don't know what ur looking for!:p

at least next time ill know what to look for thankis to you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.