Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after waiting 2 weeks to get my new 06 10r (black in) I find that the friggin shipping company (I had to ship it being in Juneau) hit the crate with the fork lift and dinged her up. A lot of the plastics are dinged up, but should be easily replaced. Also the rear brake line is leaking fluid out of the master cylander? The shipping company carries insurace and will pay for fixing the parts. The down side is that there is a cosmetic scratch to the swingarm. I'm not in a rush to want to dismantle everything to replace a swingarm...seems like it would be a big pain in the ass. Also, If i got the whole bike replaced I would have to ship it back out and then see if they can even get another black one and wait forever again. I think If I get the brakes taken care of, replace the plastics that need it, and figure out a way to touch up the swing arm I would be happy. Anyone got any ideas for the best way to touch up the swingarm...what kind/color paint matches best? Any other tricks?

Thanx

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I went to the web site and ordered a can and should match up perfectly. Another expense I can include with the damages caused by the shipping company.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My question is why are you doing the work...its covered have a bike shop put the part on. I know if i bought a brand new bike and it had damage i wouldnt settle for touched up parts. [:M114]

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the plastics I can replace easily myself. I'm just going to hit them up for the money it costs to replace them. The only thing I can't easily replace is the swingarm which has a small ding in it. So It's either replace the whole swingarm, which I don't even know how involved that is, or replace the whole bike, or touch it up. If I replace the whole bike I have to wait probably another month or more to ship one here. Unfortunately we have no kawi dealers in town and the only way into juneau is by boat or plane. The riding season is so short anyway I am just saying screw it, I just want to ride. Like I said the swingarm ding is pretty small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.