Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im def. intrested in doing some track days next year, and i was curious on what to expect?

Im kinda nervous.... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Its fuggin awesome,addicting,can start to get expensive once you start buying track goodies. The racers are really cool peeps they give you tips follow you around ,show you the best lines,most will usually give their race takeoffs.

·
Registered
449 Posts
really.... i csn expect to see the cocky people there also? the people who blow by ya threw a turn???

What do you mean as far as the "track goodies"? :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Your first track day is like exercise, your favorite roller coaster, and masterbation all rolled into one. Your second track day (depending on your persona) usually ends up in a crash. When people tell you to warm your tires listen to them. mind you, once you go you will be bitten by one of three nasty bugs. 1. You will keep doing trackdays and have a ball(tackday bug). 2. You will spend lots of money on parts to go faster and never really get faster while having a ball and showing off.(Bling bug) 3.You will buy all the parts the bling bug guy has, drain your bank account on tires, and you will no longer have fun at trackdays especially on days without progress. Trackdays will only be for practice and testing because trying to win has consumed your life.(Competition bug).

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's extremely addicting. I recommend doing your first one with a group that offers an intro school, you'll learn a lot. It helps minimize the possibility of an early crash if you get some professional instruction.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Originally posted by Raging636
^^ ya i was going too. i cant see myself just getting on the track and going at it! Fuck that!!! lol
It's how I did it...

Actually, I took the CSS school first. I actually got the competition bug before my first trackday.

I just needed an outlet for it, and bikes was it.

Too bad I'm slow.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Trackdays will make you hate the street if that tells you anything. The most fun you can have on two wheels!! My first track day ended in a low-side on my fifth session but it was still a blast! Invest in good safety gear and be willing to learn and you'll be hooked;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Oh and skip the "bling bug" for a while, chances are, your bike is a lot faster than you are and you can use the money for trackdays and tires.:D

·
Registered
483 Posts
It's quite addicting. Made it to 5th trackday before I hit the ground. Instead of bling and go-fast parts, invest in good safety gear, sticky tires, and a box of spares - levers, pegs, clip-ons, the little chit that gets broken easily. I still learn something new each time. Going to the Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School in mid October.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Originally posted by heith
Your first track day is like exercise, your favorite roller coaster, and masterbation all rolled into one. Your second track day (depending on your persona) usually ends up in a crash. When people tell you to warm your tires listen to them.
Do you know me or something? Because you just described me to a T.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.