Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken their new 05 or 06 and turned it into a track only bike? I love the way my bike runs on the track and am considering making it a track only bike and later on buying and older model to ride on the street. Just wondering if anyone else has done this? Why? and if they regret it?

Thanks, Phil

·
Registered
123 Posts
People do it all the time. If you're doing track days every few weeks, I doubt you'd even miss street riding. There's no way you can have the same fun on the track as you do on the street and it be LEGAL. Plus, it gets a little annoying swapping track plastics on your bike every month.

-r.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
it's my goal to do it maybe next year or so. but we will see. i'm thinking about the oppisite. buying an older 03 gsx-r or a 03 zx-6r and turning it into a track bike only. then hopefully going afm if i got the nack for it!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
talk to richnlucke. he's did it. has a track only 05 now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Absolutely no regrets on my part. There's no way I could ride the 636 sanely on the streets, so it's best that I keep her in track-only form.

But, I have a street bike (Triumph Sprint ST) so that I don't have to give up street riding altogether. It's just that the Sprint ST doesn't tempt me to do stupid things... :)

- Dave

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by rondre3000
People do it all the time. If you're doing track days every few weeks, I doubt you'd even miss street riding. There's no way you can have the same fun on the track as you do on the street and it be LEGAL. Plus, it gets a little annoying swapping track plastics on your bike every month.

-r.
+1

But living in So Cal, it's so difficult to stay away from those vast array of canyons.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have a track only 636... (had a street one too until night before last)

My concern was that I wouldnt get enough street time to enjoy the bike, but that has not been the case. I make it to the track either every other week or once a month at least. Before I was going once a month or every 6 weeks or so, but I was doing like 500 miles per weekend... So i didnt have a lot of time to do anything else. I am a bit more balanced now (I do tend to take things to the extreme) and get can projects done around the house as well as spend more time wrenching on the bike, which I enjoy greatly.

Also, the only place I TRULY enjoy the BIKE is on the track. On the street I enjoy the company of friends and finding new, fun places to see or eat, but I dont enjoy the BIKE that much. On the track its just you, the bike, and your limits. Doesnt get much more pure than that. Try having some extranneous thought creep into your mind when your doing 120mph with your knee down!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.