Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...Can't get enough of it...I'm addicted

Back to the track this past weekend. It was supposed to be a Saturday/Sunday event, but they ended up cancelling Sunday because of a small turn out :(

I started the day in the beginner group. I got moved up to the intermediate group later in the afternoon. This was a big accomplishment for me!

Round robin:

Turn 11...had a buddy that high-sided here last time we were out here

Turn 3. I'm not that low, but it's still a cool picture:

Turn 10, 'the carousel'...almost got the knee down!

And success! Same turn:

Video of my second session ever in level 2. The guy video taping has been in level 2 for a couple track days now and I was starting to lose him...lol

Sucks I gotta wait til October now for the next track day:mad:

There's another track day organization that I've never been to that holds track days at a track I've never been to. If they open another 'novice' day between now and then, if I don't have anything going on, I'm going!

I need to buckle down and get the bike painted now.
-Cody

Reactions: bubbleboys

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Nice, how many trackdays have you done?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This last one was number 4. My first track day was late September of last year. My second was memorial day this year, 3rd on mid-June.

Next track day I need to refine my body position. My head is too high (And too inside) and I still find myself keeping too much weight on the bars.
-Cody

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I make that suit look pretty damn good huh? haha.

I'm fairly certain I could've dragged knee my last track day in June, but I didn't have knee sliders. Found the cheapest ones I could find on ebay and ordered them in time for this last track day. I was a lot less scared to lean over this time around because I knew I had that slider on. I was surprised I never touched in turn 4 here. Its a predominantly left turn track, but the corners I get the lowest on are right-handers. Still haven't got the right knee down...but I'm working on it! Not necessarily TRYING to get the knee down, but it's just a natural progression as I get faster.

The first time I did it I hit my toe slider at the same time...I made a conscious effort to get my feet higher after that and it never happened again. I always have the balls on the pegs, but I guess I still wasn't high enough. It didn't scare me like I thought it might have...which is good!

That turn is really fun though. You can drag knee for a long time as it's horse shoe-shaped. It's an awesome sound hearing the plastic against the pavement for a couple of seconds!
-Cody

1 - 5 of 5 Posts