Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm starting to get together all the stuff i want for my bike for the track days next year, i'm looking for plastics, i keep seeing fiberglass but do i really want that :headscratch: i'm not that concerned about looks but i don't want to buy them & they crack & with my expirences in fiberglass the shit always cracks or breaks, even from vibration. I'd like to stay under $500 for plastics, any recommendations?? thanks in advance

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are all fiberglass because if you crash, they are easy to repair. Generally they are pretty flexible and won't crack under vibration. I have eracings but I don't think they make them anymore.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm.. good reason i suppose, another question for ppl, will the stock fairing stay work or do i need an aftermarket like vortex etc..

·
Registered
237 Posts
For under $500 you should look into Hotbodies bodywork. You can use the stock fairing stay but it's more likely to break than an aftermarket one.

I have e-racings bodywork with an Attack front fender. E-Racings is out of business but if I had another chance I would buy Attack 100%. It's worth the extra money since the quality is not even comparable between the two. I went through two e-racings front fenders since they didn't fit properly. Tried the Attack and it went on perfect first try.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For under $500 you should look into Hotbodies bodywork. You can use the stock fairing stay but it's more likely to break than an aftermarket one.

I have e-racings bodywork with an Attack front fender. E-Racings is out of business but if I had another chance I would buy Attack 100%. It's worth the extra money since the quality is not even comparable between the two. I went through two e-racings front fenders since they didn't fit properly. Tried the Attack and it went on perfect first try.
i got a spare front fender already so i'm really more concerned w/ the rest, i've seen the attack stuff & DAMN is it expensive for something i'm likely gonna fuck up

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I bought Attack Racing fairings for $665 shipped. Like you, I already had a front fender that I was using so I sold the fender that came with the set and was into a decent set of race fairings for $600. The fit was perfect on them, and I have had no complaints. I can't speak to the toughness in holding up to a crash because fortunately I have not laid the bike down. However, they are very well constructed. When I had them painted, the painter complimented the surface of them and said he literally had NO preparation to fill holes etc... before painting. He said he has painted several cheaper fairing sets that were SHIT and required significant effort to fill holes etc... before he could paint them.

As for the fairing stay, the stock one works just fine. That is all I use.

I can't find the pictures I took of the whole fairing set ... but here are the ones of the fender when I listed it for sale. It will give you an idea of the quality of construction:

Here is the painted set on my bike ...

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn now i GOTTA buy a decent set, that makes me want to do it NOW :D

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
damn now i GOTTA buy a decent set, that makes me want to do it NOW :D
The way I look at it ... you can spend $300 or $400 on a cheap set of SHIT plastics and be disappointed with the quality and fitment ... or you can spend a little more and get a perfect fit and finish and be happy with what ya got. I always believe that you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The way I look at it ... you can spend $300 or $400 on a cheap set of SHIT plastics and be disappointed with the quality and fitment ... or you can spend a little more and get a perfect fit and finish and be happy with what ya got. I always believe that you get what you pay for.
i def believe in you get what you pay for, but in the back of my head i was saying to myself "i wanna ride harder, faster etc.." & i know thats likely gonna lead to a mishap somehow LOL

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
i def believe in you get what you pay for, but in the back of my head i was saying to myself "i wanna ride harder, faster etc.." & i know thats likely gonna lead to a mishap somehow LOL
That is one way to think of it .... but think of it this way ... Good plastics (sharkskins, attack, catalyst composites, etc...) are going to crash better. They will be easier to repair than el cheapo plastics that shatter on impact. Some guys like the cheap plastics because they can buy 2 to 3 sets for what you spend on the higher $$$ plastics and that is certainly a good argument. However, I did not go that route because most of the cheaper ones I researcheds had many fitment complaints. I didn't want to spend the time cutting, sanding, etc... just to get them to fit. Not to mention the extra effort in painting.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I bought a cheap set second hand for 200 bucks. After fixing em up and sanding etc I wish I had just waited a bit and bought the new good stuff. Unless you are a pro there are some serious hours to be wasted fixing and preparing this shit ( sulks off to get back to POS fairings lol)

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
if attack is still doing that 50% rebate gig, there is no question...check their section on the main forum page.

just price out the names:
Sebimoto/yoyodyne, squidskins, oppracing, flexiskins, catalyst, armor bodies, beasley, shark...etc.

for $500...hotbodies, cheetah and maybe sebimoto or beasley.

I've got some cheetah's on a CBR track bike and they are OK. The surface is "textured" like the fiberglass weave though....so don't expect a smooth finish...but its better than the gell coat the cracks.

NOT airtech...very brittle....like peanut brittle...

I've got some ebay stuff on my zx6r...its thin, almost fits, busted up pretty good in a down....but was like $300 delivered.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i would do it in a heart beat but i don't have the coin at the moment, come december or so is when i'll be getting them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts