Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im looking into getting into a track day next season and would just like to know things to expect and things to know before actually getting into it. any inputs?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Are you tracking or are you racing? They are two different things. First, if your tracking just have fun and do not ride out of your limits, make sure your tires are really warmmed up before you really hit the turns hard. Stay focused!!! I just did my first track day on Sunday at California Speedway, thats where they hold the AMA races. I had fun but it was a lot of hard work. I guess you will have to get use to it. I never rode on a track before this trackday so I was use to normal street rides but the track has turns after turns so it really makes you work hard. Just stay focused and you will be fine. Get your suspension set up, that is one of the best mods you can do to your bike. Drink a lot of water so you dont pass out =). Have fun, do not compete yourself with others on the track, unless your racing... (kinda unclear on your post)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well I wouldnt expect to drag your knee on your first time out, just get the feeling for the track, make sure your tires are warm, ride within your limits, and it is very very important to stay hydrated, if you feel tired, dont try to squeeze one more lap in come in and rest cuz it can cost you. Other than that Have fun.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ask alot of questions on how to approach problem areas on the track! Follow a control rider for a few laps, hydrate and always have a plan (work on something - dont try to force your speed, work on sections then connect them as you get comfortable)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Following other good advice,

Start in the beginner group, you may have too. Focus on learning the track and not going fast. Also, give yourself a wide cushion to other riders AND maintain your lines. It's safer for you and others as well. They will have instructors for each group and hit them up before and after your session. They can follow you around and you can follow them to see what lines you should be taking. Last but not least as others have said, ride within your limits. I've seen enough new guys go balls out the first time on the track and loose it. Oh yeah, have fun. :)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
If you're going to a track in Canada, expect whoops, braking bumps, acceleration bumps, ruts.. You know, your typical MX track:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.