Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of pirelli diablo's (70% street 30%track) I've done 4 Track days on them and i noticed that they were slipping abit on the street (maybe they were still a little cold). But out of street tires how many track days do you think you can get out of them, because of heat cycles and what not.

Thanks Correy

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you were only riding track days I would think you could get 5 track days on a rough track and 6 on a smooth track with street tires. If you are fast. But you're also riding street so you have to take that in account. Anyway, you no your limits and if you no longer feel comfortable on the tires why do you need to ask a stupid question?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the Diablo Corsas on my track bike. 3 track days and the rear is done. The front lasts about 5 to 6. These are 100-120 mile days. I love these tires but once they are done, get them off. They get greasy just like you are describing. It's a high side waiting to happen.

·
Registered
441 Posts
On race tires I do one day, then flip 'em for the next day. They're shot. To me it's like this...$280 set of tires or another 4 months out of work. Simple math;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.