Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't been on for awhile and thought I post some recent pics of my trackday--Buttonwillow, CA., August 2-3rd

Weather was a good 100+ but despite the heat I had an awesome time. Oh, Saturday wasn't so good--out of 8 or 9 sessions we only had 1 or 2 complete sessions where a crash didn't occur. Sometimes even 2 crashes in one session. People riding well beyond their limits and taking horrible lines. I had 3 guys RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME crash. Always wondered if I would target fixate if someone in front of me crashed...nope. Just said, "Hope he's okay...next corner plz!!!" :D

Anyhow, it was a POACH-FEST for the Ninja250R!!! We probably had one or two crashes total. Plenty of track time and I was poaching 600ccs like a mofo.

Btw, the stock BT045s are shot. And what I mean by that is they suck. At my first trackday @ Streets of Willow they held pretty good but I wasn't really pushing it. Here @ Buttonwillow with the throttle pinned throughout most of the turns I felt the tires slide. I'll be upgrading the tires soon.

Onto the pics: Don't you love my new gear setup? F'in awesome!!! :p

POACHING!!! No inside passes. :(

Next victim! :D

Oh, and before I forget those damn stock rearsets suck!!! I was dragging toe slider all over the place! 1 up 1 back won't do crap. We need fully adjustable rearsets!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Get that picture off the wall and put some racing picture up there. Other than that you are way to sexy for those leathers, at least with the helmet on.

·
Registered
626 Posts
now i want a full leather racing suit...people see me in my gear and go "i guess you ride that green bike, huh?" wonder what would happen if i walked in someplace decked out in the full leather suit! i wouldnt even take off my helmet, id be like Darth Vader "Find me the plans, and bring me the passengers, i want them ALIVE! and a pack of gum, please!"

sweet pics :)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Nice pics...and yes, you are sexy in those leathers!!! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2 peice suit which i wear all the time as long as im on the bike. It gets crazy ass hot. Sometimes i dont want to go riding cuz of it. BUT I STILL GET OUT AND RIDE!

Nice pics!, i hope to ride willow some time this year.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
:rofl: :crackup:

I just shit myself between the video link and the "new suit" pics.... Great looking shots and form there devil, that's what I'm working towards. Good shit on sharing.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quote=The Deej;1326516]They didn't make you tape up your headlight?[/quote]

If you got in on the Lamin-x Headlight Group Buy, that's all you need. The film is very thick and can serve as an alternative to duct tape. :cheers:

I've tracked my 600RR in stock trim all last year using the lamin-x film.

·
Registered
81 Posts
:rofl: The suit pics are great! Looking good on the track. Did you need a hunting license?

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you got in on the Lamin-x Headlight Group Buy, that's all you need. The film is very thick and can serve as an alternative to duct tape. :cheers:

I've tracked my 600RR in stock trim all last year using the lamin-x film.
I noticed that in the pics. Glad I bought my Lamin-x film too :)

:yumyum: your pics make me wanna 1 piece suit now lol

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I like Buttonwillow (BUGwillow as we call it) because its easy on tires and has a great diversity of layout. Great place to work on your skills and practice for Willow Springs, as it has a good mix of tight turns and sweepers.

Looks like you had a ball. One piece of advice: dont hang off the bike so much. try tucking in a bit, as it looks like you have plenty of ground clearance left.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.