Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trashed my own bike so I got to borrow this girls ER-5 for a previously booked track day. I switched to the slow group, and man it was fun catching up to 'busas, fzs's, 6r's and what have you in the turns, after they flew past you in the straights. You had to hang off like crazy to try and avoid dragging the pegs, pipe or stand. Brakes weren't that great but a match for the acceleration.
A friendly busa driver even allowed me to draft up to 175kmh on the back straight, it was great. I recommend it to anyone who want's a different experience if you've only ridden the 6r at the track.

This isn't me but the another ER-5 rider on that track day. He was going about as fast as you possibly can on that bike I think. His goup was full so I never got to race him :(
(I'd probably have lost anyway[B)])

http://www.mp-foorumi.com/kuvat/julkinen/motopark/20030704/imagepages/image109.htm

Now I'm no racer and this was no race but I thought this was the most appropriate forum

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Haha, looks familiar :)

I know the guy in the picture and I was there too. Motopark is one helluva nice track.

And remember, no racing is allowed @ those trackdays. People get warned or even black flagged out of the circuit if the organizers think you are "racing" with somebody . If you want to hang after a faster rider it's better to keep a little distance.

Today it would be time to go to good old Ahvenisto track, too bad it's probably raining there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.