Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted here cuz hardly anyone every views the trackday forum so i figured i get more imput here!.
Thanks in advance my fellow kawi riders!

AND THESE ARE FOR FUN
;)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From what i see it looks like im still twisting my body too much not keepin my shoulders square with the handlebars or bike....

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
only thing i'd do is maybe move my butt a lil farther off the seat & get my upper body down more towards the mirrors, it will keep the bike more upright & your corner speed will increase

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
It kinda looks like what I do on the street, aggressive street riding too me. When I'm on the track I lean off more and I'm right on the apex of the corners.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only thing i'd do is maybe move my butt a lil farther off the seat & get my upper body down more towards the mirrors, it will keep the bike more upright & your corner speed will increase
yea i learned that the hard way at the track. the instructor moved me up from c group to b group and my first session in b group i broke traction and smoked the tire out of the corner twice, and the instructor was fallowing me, he said nice save but i need to stand the bike up more coming out of the corner while still leaning off so i have more contact patch for accelerating out

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think your form looks great for your first track day!
its my third :(
first at buttonwillow
and its my first time wearing these leathers and they are one size too small so i cant really get off the bike like i like too.
this ones from my second trackday at t hill

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
first at buttonwillow
and its my first time wearing these leathers and they are one size too small so i cant really get off the bike like i like too.
Ok ... so I still think it looks pretty good. I've only done 4 days so far and I feel like each subsequent time my form gets a little better.

·
Registered
285 Posts
steedsta.. what do you think about thunderhill with keigwins on sat oct 11th... you down? they say the groups are full but you can be put on a waiting list and most likely you will get on. let me know. Late

ps.. i havent signed up either... just looking for someone to roll with before i do.

btw.. nice suit!

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. You've got one butt cheek off, your upper body is fairly low and inside, you're looking through the turn, and most importantly you appear to be comfortable and in control.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a little more off the seat and get the head a little more lower and inside, but I wouldn't be stressing about that unless you are regularly dragging hard parts and it feels like the tires are at their limits. From those few pictures, that doesn't appear to be the case yet though so I think you're fine.

Nice pics. And just out of curiousity, are you doing those wheelies on the track? Because that is usually a no-no with most track day organizations.

·
Registered
223 Posts
first at buttonwillow

Still need to get your head down and over (it should be where the mirror usually is)
not bad for a new trackday rider though:cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks good man better than me for sure. i like how you are asking the experienced guys how to get better. Props for that.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
And just out of curiousity, are you doing those wheelies on the track? Because that is usually a no-no with most track day organizations.
That's what I was thinking. Is it a quality organization??

--David

·
Registered
223 Posts

--David
One provider here in Nor Cal allows it...Pacific Tracktime. They are one of the top providers depending on what kind of rider you are. They cater to the fast guys and those who want less restrictions on their fun time.
PTT is my favorite provider:cool:.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

--David
i dont think its a big deal. at every track day i ever been to people weheelie out of the and thats with
PTT and
The track club
and at this event at the new race school race at the end of the day when they have there race. the winner wheelied down the whole straightaway as the announcer said ooohhh look at that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
+1 on PTT.. they are great... track crafters is alil different when it comes to wheelies... they dont like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts