Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Would be NO Deal for me....

If it was a new model mebe, just mebe, but then I'd still sell it and buy a new zx6!

·
Registered
380 Posts
What makes him want to replace a 1000 with a 600 class if he's tired of the 1000? Either way, I wouldn't trade. If you're interested in a liter bike, there are better out there than the 04 CBR...

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
The biggest thing is does the CBR1000RR make you feel the same way as when you look at your ZX does?

When you ride the CBR does it make you as happy and excited to ride?

Personally i like the CBR1000RR and wouldnt mind having one,
almost bought Alex Goberts EX-SuperStock bike..

I could not do a trade as i know what the zx6r is capable of with Suspension mods, then again i still find it needs more power..

The CBR1000RR is an awesome street bike dont let anyone say it isnt..

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
No deal here. If I wanted a liter bike, I would have got one. I love my 636 :D.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978
No deal here. If I wanted a liter bike, I would have got one. I love my 636 :D.
ditto! love my 636.. I could have bought a 1000, but it was unnecessary to me

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
04 rr = no
04 zx10 = yes ;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Difinite No No.... I wouldnt trade the 636 for a 04 CBR1000. The mods you can do to your 636 would be way better than having a CBR, and not that the CBR is a bad bike by all means, but there are better litre bikes out there than the 04' CBR1000. Like....04' ZX-10 [:M55]

·
Registered
810 Posts
the CBR 1000's have the worst seats in the fucking WORLD. I almost bought a 600RR but when i sat on it my mind was changed instantly. its like sitting on a plank [xx(]

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Weren't the 04's heavy and underpowered, relative to the other literbikes I mean. If it was an 06 cbr1000rr, I'd say hell yes, but an 04 is a tough decision. What kind of riding do your do primarily? Riding around town I find myself wanting a liter, but then I get to the twisties and instantly change my mind. I just got back from the gap and a guy I went with had a 06 1000rr and he couldn't get away from me, even on the Cherohala which is high speed. I carried more speed through the turns and had more of a drive on the straights.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the replys guys, make more sense.
I mostly use only for commute.
The feeling? hmmmmm, no other bike give me the sensation as my bike gave me, even duc or aps. r-1 and zx-10 pretty close tho.
I'll have to see his bike detaily anyway, made appoiment with him already, i'll give you guys update, what happened.
Thx.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i have an 05 zx6 and was riding with a friend on an 04 1000rr, we switched bikes for a little bit and i found that the 1000rr is not as peppy and fun as the 636. I feel like if i ride the 1000rr like i ride my 636 i would have less fun and just end up at a higher top speed. The thing i did really like about the bike is that it feels really nice at lower RMPs and compared to my 636 i felt like i could have gone on much longer rides.

i would say the 636 is a bike of its own and if you like yours i wouldnt trade it for anything els.

·
Registered
759 Posts
For street riding, I'd do that trade. If you want to cruise at lower RPMs and have the torque of a liter bike for instant passing, then do it. The 04 CBR1K was supposed to be a great street bike although a little behind the other liter bikes on the track (a little less power, a little more weight).

It all depends on how well you fit on the bike and if you enjoy riding it. Supersports are more nimble in the corners, but it's not like the CBR is a 600 lb barge or something. You can probably buy a new seat from Sargent or Corbin for a couple hundred bucks to solve that issue.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.