Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded the seven fiddy for two Chiefs luxery box season tickets today. Down to just the '03 6R now. Honestly, since I got the 6R in june I've ridden the GSXR maybe 30 miles. The Ninja IS that damn good!!! [:M14]

·
Registered
810 Posts
Went through kansas once on the way to colorado for some snowboarding....what can I say but, DAMMMMMMMNNNNN what a long state! Felt good to go boarding, but couldnt help to think how much fun it would be to open up the bike on those long stretches of road.
GOOOD choice....Stayn' loyal to the kawi "ZIXER" and dumpin the gixer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Chiefs-----thats not cool ----- shoulda been the dolphins ------ I can see what this post turns into now--lol

Anyway good choice\

Paul

·
Registered
940 Posts
two thumbs up on that one....I'm looking for another big fantasy year out of Priest Holmes...this is the last year I've got him under contract.....anything short of 25 touchdowns is BS!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got about 600mi on her now. All I've done is remove the decals, sent the lowers in for paint a few days ago and thats it for now. My weekends are pretty much booked for a while hehe. I might ride to Austin for the texas game though,that will be cool, lots of wide open road around here! I hope Priest stays healthy all year!
Peace!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
It's funny. I had a '97 Gixxer, and at the time it was called "cramped" and a "torture rack" and a "tiny 250-GP like bike"... with the way today's bikes are, the Gixxers now feel BIG and STRETCHED. The tank feels wide, and the bars seem stretched forward a bit more. Still good handling bikes. The 600 is a little weaker on top but still has a great midrange. The 750 is the same chassis (with inverted forks and braced swingarm) but it's a real screamer... lots of top end and not much more midrange than a 600, but damn when you get them revving, they fly.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by dj dunzie

...it's a real screamer... lots of top end and not much more midrange than a 600, but damn when you get them revving, they fly.
Amen. The Gixxer feels like a beast. I've been told by friends that the bike felt intimidating to sit on. A few of them didn't even want to ride it when I offered to trade during a ride, saying the bike felt like it was too much. Once you get to around 9000 RPM is when it actually feels like its hype, before that though it just seems like your riding a 4x8 sheet of plywood with handle bars. (size of the tank that is)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.