Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I had a 250 and sold it yesturday, and about 3 and a half hours later I bought an 04 zx6r. Im already in love with it. She's got a long road a head of her but it'll be worth it. If anyone had any hook-ups or other places to look, i know i need a stator cover and possibly a stator itself. I have yet to tear into it and see whats up. actually my boyfriend will be tearing into it and i'll be learning :eek: I'll ask/look around on here if i end up needing anything else or have any problems. If any one has any tips, they would be much appreciated as well. THANKS!

^^this is right after i got it home^^

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Yeah a little TLC and she'll be great I'm sure. I don't dig the polished look on a sport bike, but everyone has their own taste. Good luck with the project and learning all you can about your new toy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
"You know what? This will decimate all, after, you put about fifteen grand in it or more. If we have to, overnight parts from Japan." haha just kidding, fast and furious quote....couldn't resist. Looks like it will be real nice with a little wrench time.

Frame, Sub-frame, and Swingarm already polished!?! **SCORE**

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks all. Yea the polished frame will be one of the first things to go, not really my style lol. So when i got it we thought my stator was bad, and after my boyfriend testing it and unplugging connections it's actually perfectly fine. we figured that either there was a bad connection or the old battery would let it start and run, then would lose it's juice and die, so i bought a new battery ad BAM it's runnin. also thought maybe the tranny was bad do to it being really tough to shift, but greased it up and it shifts like butter. the only things I HAD to buy was a battery $80, fender elminator $30 (i think), and lowering links $80 (i think) so for $1590 I bought a perfectly working bike with no other problems :D I feel like if the guy i bought this from saw how easy it was to fix he'd be mad he practically gave it away, his loss though!

I got big plans as far as paint/colors/decal and cosmetic stuff goes. for sure will post more pics.

P.S. I like the high mount yoshi exhaust, they're super hard to find (for this year i suppose) my boyfriend had the yoshi on his 06 636 and i LOVED it but he traded up for the akrapovic. if any one sees a yoshi high mount 9an be used) let me knowwwww =] I also wanna powdercoat the frame, so if anyone in the socal area knows of a decent place that isn't over the top expensive let me know on that too =]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts