Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was going to say that it sounded like a worn front sprocket, but that seems unlikely if you replaced it six months ago. You say that when you decelerate it makes a jittering noise too? Are you downshifting? If you downshift too fast for the engine speed, the rear tire will lock, and tranny will shudder. Don't know about acceleration, though.

-What are you going to tell God when you get to heaven?
I'm going to tell him I was framed.[}:)]

·
Registered
2 Posts
No downshifting when this noise appears, to give more information the noise will appear from about 2000, rpm and disappear around 7000 so is more noticeable when driving around town and setting off from intersections. I have removed the rear wheel to check the torsional damper behind the rear sprocket and checkt all nuts and bolts for toruqe settings. I am worried that this could be a Gearbox issue, although I have not noticed any changes or problems with shiffting through the gears

Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined

·
Registered
768 Posts
You sure the front sprocket isn't lose? Is it perhaps a 13t or 14t? Also, what kind of oil are you running?

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 97 F3 model has recently started producing some unusual transmission noises, the best I can describe this is that when under load on acceleration or deceleration, and yes at irregular intervals, I can feel judder coming from either front sprocket or chain area. The problem is I cannot reproduce this on the stand, it only happens when riding - has never happened before, and started about two weeks ago. I had new chain and sprockets fitted 6 months / 5,000 km ago and have cleaned, oiled and adjusted as per service manual guidelines. Any ideas on how I can / should be isolating this problem or what it could be.

Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.