Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just my Ivans TRE for my 06 10. It looks pretty complicated to install, I thought it was a plug and play type deal. Any pointers before I get in too it??

·
Registered
22 Posts
1. You will love this mod.

2. You will need to take your time and follow the instructions.

3. Even so, you need to be aware of a slight glitch in the instructions - Ivan tells you to remove two wires from the GPS connector, a white with yellow stripe and a black with yellow stripe - problem is there are TWO black wires with yellow stripe in that connector - I used the WRONG black wire with yellow stripe (you want the one that heads off to the gear position switch, and that one is in the middle of the connector, rather than the easier one in one of the outside spots which I naturally went for the first time). If you do it wrong the TRE will work and the bike will work but your Speedo will stay at 0 mph.

And if you don't know, the trick to taking the airbox cover off is to rotate it counterclockwise (just as the Kawi shop manual says) and then pull it out. Or was that clockwise?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would describe the impact of the TRE mod (on the 06 ZX10, which is different in this respect from the 04-05) as much crisper throttle response in the lower rpm range, say 0 - 6000. Especially noticeable in 1st gear. Pair the TRE with a -1 on the front sprocket, and you fix the too tall first gear problem.

per Ivan, no pc remap needed with the TRE alone, and a -1 sprocket change would not impact that. I have a pcIII though (Akra Slip ons, cat removed) with a map Ivan just created for the 06.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.