Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like an extremely stupid question.... However, My manual does not indicate Voltage for the Battery, just Charge recommendation of .9 amps trickle - My Charger has a setting for 6v and 12v.... Do we know what is standard, or which setting I should use. If I had not been such a dumb ass and left the key in the on position, I wouldnt be in this mess! Blame it on the chicks that put your mind on everything other than the important stuff!

Grip and Rip Baby!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Give it the tongue test. Put your tongue across both leads (+ and -), use a wire on one of the leads if tongue is not long enough. If it's a six-volt battery you should hardly feel a thing. If it's a 12 V battery you are going to be really pissed off at me for my sarcastic sense of humor. The above is totally a joke don't do that it WILL hurt. On a serious side though even if you trickle charge your battery it may not hold its charge. Once a lead acid (standard car/motorcycle) battery has been ran all the way down it will never hold a good charge again, so you if you don't end up riding it every day or every other day it may on start. If this ends up happening the only thing you can do is to get a new battery. Good luck.

Jef
03' ZX-6RR
00' Buell X1

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't think a trickle charge will do it either. Ran mine dead once, by going one click too far when locking the steering, which put it in park. When I tried to hook it up to my battery tender, the light wouldn't even come on to indicate that it was charging. Brought the battery to a battery shop, and they agreed that a trickle wouldn't do it. They charged it up for free, but I was so happy it was fixed, and they didn't try to rape me, I gave a $5 tip. The battery has felt strong as ever since then, and that was two years ago.

I'm a recovering work-aholic, and I haven't done a damn thing for 6 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.