Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys and Girls,

I am trying to set up a group ride to Mackinac Bridge the weekend of the 15th. We would take off from Holland, Michigan on Saturday morning and along Lake Michigan(not necessarily right next to the lake) up through Grand Haven, Muskegon, Traverse City, and Petoskey up to the bridge. I know for sure that Dizzy and I are planning on going but we would love to have some other people join us. We were also planning on getting a hotel room for Saturday night so we could enjoy the day at the bridge, get some dinner and of course RIDE!

So, if anyone is interested please let me or Dizzy know and we can make arrangements.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, no unfortunately, thats Mickinac Bridge, its ok, a common misconception

·
Registered
673 Posts
Lol. Hey got ur email! I might have 2 Moe bikes going other than Joe. Another guy and girl. They will let me know later next week.

I'm so stoked and can't wait!!!! :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, im excited. I have started to plan the route now. I should be done by this weekend. I hope you guys like a long ride :D

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Feel free to pick me up in the Boyne/Petoskey region. Hopefully you don't hit it before I am out of work. Coming up 131?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ben is working out the route but were in no rush. I'm sure we can swoop you up for the ride. ;) PM one of us ur # and we can figure it out!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
The Boyne/Petoskey region is right on the coastline an hour south of Mackinaw. I should already be on the route ;-) Have him PM me and I can give him an idea of some routes.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The Boyne/Petoskey region is right on the coastline an hour south of Mackinaw. I should already be on the route ;-) Have him PM me and I can give him an idea of some routes.
Awesome. Sure he'll see this but I'll let Ben know. ;)

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Thinking I have to drop out. Was riding my bike to the dealer this morning in the rain and dropped it.

Damage:
Bent steering
right fairing (pretty bad)
Brake lever (cosmetic)
Right front turn signal
Right mirror
exhaust system
Skin on my knee
Icon Mesh Jacket
Calvin Klein Jeans (grrr)

Not sure if it will be rideable by next weekend.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
27,386 Posts
I'd go, but I'm getting ready to move at the end of this month and that weekend has already been planned for other things. Sorry.

Dizzy, as a suggestion if you're coming out of South Bend on you're way to Holland try to take the A-2...its a nice road that will lead you right to Holland.

Reactions: Dizzy08

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'd go, but I'm getting ready to move at the end of this month and that weekend has already been planned for other things. Sorry.

Dizzy, as a suggestion if you're coming out of South Bend on you're way to Holland try to take the A-2...its a nice road that will lead you right to Holland.
Thanks! Ill check that out.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Think I could give you a better path for the post Petoskey portion. Its longer, a lot windier, and much better looking.

Why aren't you just taking 31 to Petoskey from Charlevoix?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ohh, we were going to go through boyne city to pick you up. thats why, otherwise i would have just taken 31. What road were you thinking post petoskey?

And im so sorry about that fall man! ARG that sucks!!!

and dizzy as of right now thats a 8 hour drive :D

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.