Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pursebully
38,898 Posts
LOL...Sears. They had it on the shelf. You might also try an auto parts store. Look for a spindle nut socket...maybe for a 4x4.

·
Registered
920 Posts
yeah that dude is an idiot. go to sears and look around for yourself they are there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yeah that dude is an idiot. go to sears and look around for yourself they are there.
+1 I just went to sears the other day to get a 27mm socket for the front sprocket, and they had much bigger ones. I am sure they had a 36

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Pep boys had one cheaper than sears...

·
Registered
920 Posts
haha they do b/c i bought a set that goes up to 36.

compentence in the workpalce i see:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Canadian tire

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm guessing your putting on a damper if its the scott take the mount that goes under the nut with you when shopping. The first socket I got was to thick walled to pass get in there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sears has them, look for the wall with all of the individual sockets hanging on it. $9 or so, I have a couple. It "works" for installing a scotts if thats what you are doing.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Princess Auto had a wrench...

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeah, i'm putting a Scotts on. BTW, why is "works" in quotation?
Because of the people saying they had a socket which was too thick or something or other to do it. I didn't even pay attention to that but a standard 36mm socket from sears worked fine, you don't need a special thinwall one or anything.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because of the people saying they had a socket which was too thick or something or other to do it. I didn't even pay attention to that but a standard 36mm socket from sears worked fine, you don't need a special thinwall one or anything.
ah gotcha. thanks! i'm headed there after work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts