Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1992 ZX750-J & 2017 z650
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple cheap (venom) stands that work great for my smaller bikes, but are too small for the ZX-7.

I need something to lift the rear for chain cleaning and wheel removal.

I need something to lift the front for wheel removal and fork removal.

I'm a little overwhelmed with all the pitbull options (and the price!). Does anybody have suggestions for stands they like, or other methods for supporting the bike?

I don't want to hang it from my garage rafters, just seems a little too precarious for my klutzy self.

Thank you for any input!

·
Pursebully
39,456 Posts
I've always used Vortex stands. They're strong and cost quite a bit less than Pit Bull.

Reactions: mattv

·
Registered
1992 ZX750-J & 2017 z650
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Green. Those do look nice and much less expensive! I'll wait to see what other suggestions roll in, but I think the vortex stands are it!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I’ve used and own all sorts of stands from Lockhart-Phillips USA, Handy, Vortex and Pitbull. They’re all good and do a great job and I wouldn’t be afraid to buy any of them. The best bang for your buck used to be the Lockhart-Phillips stands. Unfortunately they’re no longer in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1992 ZX750-J & 2017 z650
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, really do appreciate the input. I'm going to place an order for the vortex stands soon. Anybody know the pin size ('92 ZX7-J)? Looks like it comes with 18,17,16,15,13.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The best bang for your buck used to be the Lockhart-Phillips stands.
I've used my Lockhart-Phillips for a decade and a half. Front's bullet proof! And they gave you 3 different size peg adapters for the various triple trees. I did, however, wear out the holes that the pad ride in on my rear stand. I modified that and repurposed it for my Buell and use a Trackside rear stand (Cycle Gear?) for everything else. Pretty reasonably priced. Powerstands made a decent front triple tree stand that I use for the Buell that I got simply to clear the front fender. Not as good quality than the other two but does the trick for a reasonable price.

·
Pursebully
39,456 Posts
Thanks guys, really do appreciate the input. I'm going to place an order for the vortex stands soon. Anybody know the pin size ('92 ZX7-J)? Looks like it comes with 18,17,16,15,13.
Everything I can find indicates that it's a 27mm. That seems huge to me, but according to this photo it looks correct.

·
Registered
1992 ZX750-J & 2017 z650
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that is huge, but I think you're right, I'm seeing the same thing. The spools are 12mm which also seems huge. They went big on this bike!

Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts