Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a triple tree cover that looks good? I made the mistake when I first got the bike of putting my motorcycle key on a keycain with another key, and the wind caught the other key leaving a few scratches on the triple tree.

I'm putting together a shopping list of things I want to buy over the course of the next year (and Christmas presents :D) and if I find one that looks good, it's going on the list.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Ha, i did the same thing but only got a few scratches on it so its not that bad. I've been looking for once of those trotectors for it but haven't realy found one yet.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by h20-50
Ha, i did the same thing but only got a few scratches on it so its not that bad. I've been looking for once of those trotectors for it but haven't realy found one yet.
Yeah, mine's not that bad either.. but I'm really anal about scratches and things like that being on my bike. I work hard to keep it clean and flawless, and little mistakes like that one drive me crazy. Mine are minor too, but I'd love to be able to cover them up. Besides, it's one more mod to do, you know? One more thing to make it individual.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I know for a fact that someone makes one.. I've seen one in a picture of someones bike that was either black or carbon fiber. neither of those are particularly appealing to me, but it would hide an imperfection :D

you guys have no idea.. I was going to replace my gas tank because of a small scratch that my AGV riding pants created. THEN I found out gas tanks went for $300+ ..LOL! NEEEEEEEEEEVERMIND for now.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I had the carbon one from ebay on my bike and it wouldnt stay in place because of how the triple clamp on the 03-04 bikes dips down. You should see my triple clamp with 33k on it, its bad lol.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I doubt anyone will make one especially for the'05-'06 cause of the shape and contour of the clamp near impossible best just get a sheet of carbon fibre or whatever and cut it yourself even if it just for around the key area not the whole thing....

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had the same things happen with my keys on my bike and got upset about it too. Then I saw my buddy's 10R that he's laid down at the track a few times.

I got over the few scratches I had.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nah they have it for the 05'/06' because a friend of mine has it in carbon fiber. its not real carbon fiber though but it looks good. I think he got it off ebay.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have the same scratch problem on the triple. I thought to take it off and powdercoat it black, but can't figure out how to take the damn ignition off of it. :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think Lockhart Phillips makes it, they have it at my local dealer, it isn't expensive either. What we really need is a company to make a black one top triple tree clamp for us

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj
I have the same scratch problem on the triple. I thought to take it off and powdercoat it black, but can't figure out how to take the damn ignition off of it. :(
you have to drill thru the head of the bolts. they are special "break-away bolts" that prevent tampering. basically its a regular bolt but with no "drive" in the head. i used an air powered pen grinder to take off the head of the bolt. you can also drill the head off. bolts also have loctite on them.

i just took mine off and sent it out to be powder coated black. in my opinion, it will look better than a fake cf cover. especially with the shape of the upper triple (contoured not flat). i will post pics of it when i get it back. should only cost about 40-50 bucks.

note..the special break-away bolts are available at your local dealer for a couple bucks or you can just replace them with something that will work. be sure to apply some loctite to the threads.

good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.