Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The grids are not weight-sensitive. Your bike is sensed by the grid through electromagnetism. The metal on your bike is the trigger, not the weight of your bike. I am preoccupied at the moment, but give me a minute and I will direct you to a post. There have been a few of them discussing this subject.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Every time I come home from my girlfriends I have to stop at two lights that i can't seem to trip. So I either wait for cars or just run the red.
Try this thread for more discussion on this topic.
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6640

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was wondering if anyone else has ever had any trouble tripping traffic lights on their bike. This is my first summer riding and I'm riding a 500R. I thought maybe the bike was just really light and even with me on it (I'm roughly 200 lbs) it wouldn't trip the weight sensor but I heard the 6R weighs the same, both about 400 lbs. I know about the grid in the pavement and I've stopped right in the middle of it and sat a light with no other cars in sight forever. Since I've gotten the bike I've resorted to taking rights on red and going from there.

I did a search and didn't find anything but if there's already a post about this just direct me to it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
well in tennesee, bikers are allowed to run red lights if the lights dont sense them, all they have to do is act as if the redlight is a stop sign

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here's a gadget to help you fella's with your little stop light problem. It's available at my favorite shopping site- TrickTape

Its called a "signal tripper" and its about the size of a matchbox car. It mounts underneath your bike with velcro and creates a magnetic field which trips traffic light sensor loops.

Real cheap too. Only $6.95

/forum/uploads/tstylin/signaltrippermed.jpg

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you see some other post on this subject, you will see that these things are just fads... There was a lot of good advice on a previous thread... I think it was the "do you have this law" thread...

Did you know that for $19.99 I can see you a piece of scotch-tape that will cure cancer???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.