Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tromex ZX6r race fairing review

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  ZX6RNutz 
#1 ·
I purchased a new set of Tromex race fairings off e bay with one past negative e bay fairing experience behind me. I bought them with skepticism, but figured they were cheap, so it could not hurt. Anyways, i purchased them minus the front fender for a 45 discount. So shipped to my house was under $350!!! Well they got to my house in Atlanta QUIK and in great condition.

First impression was they were more flexible that I expected, which was good. Light too!!! Finish was not bad for someone like me. If you are a serious racer with the intentions of using some serious paint you will need to finish it a little better. There were very few pits. I imagined they could have been repaired in under 15 minutes. I wet sanded them, applied primer, wet sanded again, and painted using several coats with no clearcoat and they came out pretty nice. As far as mounting them, it was so simple. Having mounted E-Race Fairings before these were a breeze. (E-race fairing Sucked big time---> thick, heavy, brittle, and holes did not line up) These fairings mounted up perfectly, with the holes matching just about perfectly. I mounted these easily within 2 hours. My past experience is with E-Race fairings, Godfather, and now these. Comparing them to the looks of more expensive fairing I have seen at the track the other fairings appear to be finished nicer and smoother. Of the three I have personally mounted these were the best.

I give two thumbs up and am really surprised at the great deals these are. I wrote this to help anyone possibly decide if they are in the market for an inexpensive set for themselves. Hope this helps and take care.

Bobby

See less See more
#4 ·
Glad your order was correct. I live 30 miles from them in san diego and they still screwed up my shipment. They sent me a '03-04 tail last week after i asked them a few times for a '05-06. The they took a while getting back to me on picking up the new one. I just sent the incorrect one back to them and ordered from Attack Performance who are great.

#10 ·
I like it! [8D]

I'm going to start putting my stuff (Attack Performance) on tomorrow...I've got all the stock stuff stripped off. Hope I have a easy install....once I get it drilled and mounted...I plan to take it off and start painting (got 6 cans of the PJ1 Kawi glow green stuff). I have zero experience with any of this stuff, so I really hoping it comes out decent.

I'll post up pics when I'm all done.

#11 ·
I give them 1 thumb up for the snugness of the tail section. I purchased their plastic for my 02 ZX6r. The front fender was molded crooked and screw indents were not their on 1 side compared to other, as far as the upper and lower it took some grinding on the lower by the radiator to mate the lower to the upper.
I mounted the upper on my mirror bracket, but saw vibration was cracking it so I reinforced it with 8 layers of fiberglass, working on making it smoother b4 I paint. Should be a bit stronger now.

#17 ·
yea i had to drill my attack's but everything lined right up. don't get the vortex racing bracket. it's junk. lowers the display too much to see. not happy with that. yea attack is the way to go. paid 750 for mine, a little pricy but totally worth it. best fiberglass work i have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.