Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I find it hard to shift to nuetral from first. Like I will be at a light at a dead stop and go to shift to neutral and go to second, its really annoying.

·
Registered
551 Posts
do you ever adjust the choke after the bike warms up. I had the same problem, I f I adjust my choke to idle at 1.5 it goes away. UI let it warm up to 112 degrees at full idle after the warm up lower it to like 1.5 and it will stop.

It is a pain in the ass

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Actually I shift to neutral only at full stop. So it's almost never any problem. I found it harder to shift to N on F4 though. Maybe you should look how the shift lever is adjusted. Try a search.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a little trouble getting into neutral when the bike is cold, but after riding for 10 min or so, it becomes much easier.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sometimes when I'm stopped and shift up to neutral (using positive neutral finder) the bike's neutral indicator flashes on then off again - but it is in neutral - if I let out the clutch, the light comes back on. Are you sure you're in second, or is the light just off? Try letting the clutch out slowly and seeing if you pull forward or if the light comes on...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
when your at a light and in first gear, ease out the clutch slightly until you find the friction zone(it moves a little) then you can lightly shift in to neutral. in the msf they recomended you shift into neutral after the bike is off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.