Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just bought my 636 in june, I have noticed that when I start it in the morning, it feels like it takes forever for it to turn over! It really pisses me off! What could this be? It left me stranded at the gas station this week. Another question is that when starting the bike, do you need to hold the clutch in all the time? Should I hold the clutch in when starting even if the bike is in Neutral? Need help on this one guys, thanks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I used to own a GSXR 600 which had carbs instead of fuel injection. When starting that bike I had to give it a little gas while pressing the start button. It would usually start right up while on the gas.
I had to learn not to touch the gas on this new fuel injected 636. I found out that if I just press the start button, let the engine start without touching the gas, it will start right up the first time no hassle. Try this with your bike. Just press the start button and let the engine turn over by itself, no throttle at all! Let it warm up a few seconds , then you're good to go.[:M10]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Stupid question...are you using the choke?

Other than that you could have a pinched fuel line or something not allowing the fuel to travel. Your plugs could have gotten wet & fouled. Maybe a bad battery ground...little things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.