Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are pics of my 2005 ninja zx-6r 636, I want to sell it, what should i ask for the bike? im thinking 9K, whats your thougts?

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
It is a beautiful bike, great mods to it but at the end of the day it is more moeny then a new one, and yes a new one is bone stock but some people rather spend money on a stock bike. I think it would be better to ask 8k, even then i think it would be a tough sale, just my 2c.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
lets see..custom paint we see as far as bolt ons..
Gpr steering damper
Pazzo levers
stainless lines
integrated signals
Some kind of exhaust_________
Some kind of rearsets________

with just that done you would be looking in the 7000-7500 range if you asked me and that may be pushing it IF you had a buyer that like the paintjob.
But i persoanlly dont like the paint scheme and the parts added dont seem to add much to a bike nowadays.

i was like thinking this the other day just for shits and giggles...wondering how much i could realistically get for my Raw Ti with almost everything you can possibly do and was like damn maybe 7500-8500 if i found the right buyer..
but in peices i could get over 10,000 easy

N

·
0 Posts
i would not pay $9k for that, even if i liked the paint job

·
Registered
389 Posts
Beautiful bike, but generally speaking mods will get you nothing when you go to sell. If you want to break even, your best bet is to return the bike to stock trim and sell the aftermarket stuff seperately. When I look at bikes I prefer them to be in stock trim so I can do the mods, rather then trying to fix the mistakes people make when installing aftermarket stuff.

I got my '05 used for $5,750 here in Minn, so for Cali depending on your local market I'd try $7,500 and settle for $7K. Best of luck.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Definatly ask for 9

It's a starting price, a good place for negoations or if your lucky someone will just buy it for that

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
find the right squid and he'll pay 9k.......everyone's sense of value is diff

·
Registered
754 Posts
It all depends on location, and if the buyer is a beginner rider he would definantly pay 9K but people who have been dealing with bikes will tell you to return to stock and sell, and give me the aftermarket parts! If you want i can even trade you stock parts with some extra money for the 05 zx6r i just picked up!

·
Registered
101 Posts
just to give you an idea, I just bought my bone stock 06 ZX6R with 2.3 miles for 7,500. Dealers are tryin to push the 06s pretty hard. The salesman wasnt even pushing me towards new, when I sat on the 07's he was like well we have some awesome 06 leftovers I want you to take a look at.

just my .02

alex

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Your dealer has the new 07 ZX6R's? I have to call BS on that one.

And I think that most people buy 600's to ride, its the Busa's that get custom paint etc, so it might be a hard sale even though it is a beautiful paint job. And I always think with custom paint, that bike has been wrecked at one point in its life.

·
Registered
871 Posts
maybe you can make up some $ by trading someone for their stock plastics plus $. Part out your mods and sell it stock...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your dealer has the new 07 ZX6R's? I have to call BS on that one.
sorry I guess that was kind of unclear. I dont think they have 07 ZX6R's, but I was sitting on an 07 ZZR when he was trying to sell me the ZX

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.