Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need to do for a tune up I called a few places and they want to charge anywhere from 300 to 550 plus parts to do a tune up. So I figured for that type of coin I am going to do it myself. But other then plugs and a air filter what elese is there and is it possible to do a full tune up myself.

I have a 2002 just took it out from the winter storage changed the oil and filter.

Thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
Dont know hoa many miles your bike has but if it has no more than 8000 miles I would check every structural nut and bolt for torque/secureness. Change oil, oil filter, spark plugs, coolant(dependent on mileage), measure tire thread depth, proper tire inflation, check and lubricate throttle cable and clutch cable. Also adjust clutch if needed. Proper chain slack, completely clean the chain with wd-40 and a good bristle brush(old tooth brush should work fine) and apply a good quality chain wax/lube of your choice. Also I would measure the brake pads to make sure they got plenty "meat" and service brake fluid reservoir if needed. If you do all of this yourself you shouldn't have to spend more than $75 dollars in supplies, that is taking in consideration that all parts are in proper operating order (only servicing is required). If you are in need of new chain, brakes or something like that then it will be more costly. Then give it a good wash and wax and enjoy the riding season. If I left anything someone else please help.

Oh one more thing, you could also replace the air filter and sync the carbs. Still @ $75

Let Saddam come and play!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.