Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 636 with a full titanium akra exhaust system (header to pipe w/ carbon pipe). I have a K&N air filter and a power commander. When I ride for a while (about 20 min or so) in higher RPMs, my bike shoots flames out the pipe. It looks awesome, but I'm wondering if I'm losing horsepower as a result or if this can hurt my bike. Is my power commander adjusted right? any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think that means its running rich, when unburnt fuel collects in muffler it explodes when it gets hot enough or something like that.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by africanjello
I think that means its running rich, when unburnt fuel collects in muffler it explodes when it gets hot enough or something like that.
That's what I thought. I was just wondering if some fine tuning of my power commander, or buying a timing adjuster, would give me a few extra horses. It may not be enough for me to worry about because it's kinda cool getting peoples reaction to the flames coming out of the tail pipe. I'll see if I can't get some pics and post them for you guys.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Yes she is running rich, as far as losing power goes you might be losig a few extra Rear wheel horsepower.

As far as the tune goes, that is one of the 1st things you should do after a full exhaust and dialing your bike in...
Yeah you cant see it, for the bling factor but is just as important as getting your suspension set-up.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Akra's are well known for shotting out flames after the engine is warmed up.... I wouldn't worry to much about it and just ride that bitch hard...

My buddy R6 does the same shit, always flossing the flames when we ride....

·
Registered
857 Posts
my bike is the same way it's running very rich the tip of my muffler is blacker then anyone elses i ride with...i can't afford a PC3 to fix my air fuel ratio yet tho...the flames it often shoots out are like 2 feet long not just little one..

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm running akra slipon and it runs alittle rich. I don't have a powercommander. Once it's warmed up it's fine. I get alittle popping when decelerating... Nothing crazy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.