Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone knows of a kit or of anyone fabing there own, let me know, im sick of the liter bikes picking on us...i got -2 on tha front, povic slip on, i have a great port and polish on tha intake and exhaste side, a k&n airfilter, a pc3, the air box mod, and tha first flies removed. i know i need a good tune, i want to keep up with tha liter bikes in tha straights. i know ill eat them alive in tha corners, but i want to embaress them in tha straights as well, and a turbo is the answer ive been looking for, the answer that all 600's are looking for if there in tha same boat as me.i plan on putting zx10r clutches and everything thats interchangable from tha zx10r on my bike.any help would be helpful.

·
Registered
116 Posts
if anyone knows of a kit or of anyone fabing there own, let me know, im sick of the liter bikes picking on us...i got -2 on tha front, povic slip on, i have a great port and polish on tha intake and exhaste side, a k&n airfilter, a pc3, the air box mod, and tha first flies removed. i know i need a good tune, i want to keep up with tha liter bikes in tha straights. i know ill eat them alive in tha corners, but i want to embaress them in tha straights as well, and a turbo is the answer ive been looking for, the answer that all 600's are looking for if there in tha same boat as me.i plan on putting zx10r clutches and everything thats interchangable from tha zx10r on my bike.any help would be helpful.
step one - learn to spell and punctuate properly.

step two - buy a zx10r.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
it can be done but it'd be easier and quicker to mount in a 1000 engine prolly.

put a nos kit on it.

a buddy of mine could blow 1000's away with his stock 03' tho, so it may be the rider, not the bike.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's been done in fact I think there's a member on here with a blue turbo'ed 636. Can't remember his screen name though.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
yeah its been done, i think his screen name is steve. good luck in the build man.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I DONT WANT A LITER BIKE, i want a turbo 636, i had nos, but i want to get away from it.his name is kurk, the blue turbo 636...a 1k out running a 1k...there is nothing specail about that, but a 636 out running a 1k on tha straights, now there is something you dont see everyday...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a friend on a 05 636 blowing 1k's out of the water at the track. He's running 9.83's consistently. All he has done is slammed, stretched, strapped, geared, Power commander, Full exhaust, and a 40 dry shot! If you need a turbo to beat a 1000 you need to learn how to ride first IMO! Shit if he had a turbo i think he would be keeping up with Busa's!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the riders around where i live pick on us smaller bike, to include the gixxer 600, and tha 750's too. the mess with anyone they feel is slower, yes in the 1/4 miles, how does he do after the 1/4. what about the expressway? thats where i want to beat them on there own ground... no straps, stock height, stock wheel base, i ran a 10.9...i want at least a mid 9's.

·
Registered
750 Posts
it can be done but it'd be easier and quicker to mount in a 1000 engine prolly.

put a nos kit on it.

a buddy of mine could blow 1000's away with his stock 03' tho, so it may be the rider, not the bike.
How much did he weigh? Like 50 lbs?

Just joshin :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know where you live turbome636 but it sounds like you run around with a bunch of **** who feel like a bad ass when they smoke a 600 on their 1k! Who cares, there is so much more to riding than just hauling balls down the highway at 160+. Go hit some serious curves, thats where having a 600 is bad ass cuz the 1k's won't push into the corners as easy! I used to be just like you just wanting to haul ass wherever i went and then i put my bike back to stock length and height and hit some curves. I tell you what dragging knee through some curves is where its at. Plus you want to run in the 9's on a stock height and length 600, good luck cuz its not gonna happen!!! If you are only running a 10.9 a turbo isn't gonna help you! You need to get your times lower than that without a turbo first. That means more seat time learning how to ride on the track.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I don't know where you live turbome636 but it sounds like you run around with a bunch of **** who feel like a bad ass when they smoke a 600 on their 1k! Who cares, there is so much more to riding than just hauling balls down the highway at 160+.
:plusone:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
the riders around where i live pick on us smaller bike, to include the gixxer 600, and tha 750's too. the mess with anyone they feel is slower, yes in the 1/4 miles, how does he do after the 1/4. what about the expressway? thats where i want to beat them on there own ground... no straps, stock height, stock wheel base, i ran a 10.9...i want at least a mid 9's.

im 230lbs.....Have the front strapped...the bike is lowered, and it has about a 6 inch longer wheelbase and I have a hard time keeping the front end down in 3rd gear sometimes....NOW WAY WILL YOU BE ABLE TO with stock height, no strap and stock wheelbase ..it will be a POGO STICK..!!

If you have the $$$ and wanna do it right, I can lead you in the right direction, but its a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG EXPEN$IVE road......are you ready for the trip..?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts