Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so muzzy makes a turbo kit for the zx10.
http://www.muzzys.com/ZX10/ZX10_Turbo/index.html
so so many people ride liter bikes because they want more power. then why dont they sell turbo kits for the zx6. it would kick the power up and then instead of so many people going to 10's they would have a turbo 6 with more power than a stock 10 by far, plus a bike that is still so light and flickable.

*** all pics are from muzzys web site ***

im not saying the 6 dosent have enough power. i like it, but just a thought.

i also think the air filter at the bottom looks sick. dont know how it would do in the rain though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That is alot of power! If they made a kit for our bikes it would stop alot of ppl from getting liter bikes. But I like my bike the way it is. Not saying the riduclous amounts of hp under my balls wouldnt be fun. The maintenace on it would suck though.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Saaweeet. I want a kit like that for my 636. Using thier design, it wouldn;t be all hard to build one though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would like to have a 250 HP Rocket. I like the design too, it has a clean look to it. I would like to build one if they made a kit. I would pay the extra not to have to fabricate it myself. I want the fool proof plan, AND A WARRANTY, LOL!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea and plus if you turbo a 6, your gonna need to stretch it and everything. The turbo isnt for speeding around town, its for speed on highways. It would constantly wheelie if not done right, theres a guy here where i live who owns a custom shop and he has a busa and a gsxr 1000 turboed and he said it was stupid putting the turbo on the 1000 because the busa is already stretched so he want a regular bike but its no fun in the twisties, seems to just spin the tire coming out of a turn. So my thoughts... ya it would be cool to turbo one but yet take away the actual purpose if a 600.

·
Registered
762 Posts
short wheelbase, light weight, low displacement, peaky powerband = hard to put power down correctly.
thats why people dont turbo 600's as much as larger CC bikes.

·
Registered
394 Posts
denmah, I'm not pro here heh, and I know jack shit about turbo's but:

Weight:
zx6 is but a few KG/s lighter than the 10
zx6 is but a fewl cm or maybe even mm shorter than the 10
And i'm sure the 10 has a bit of a freakier powerband than the 6....

I dunno, I saw a vid of a gsxr 600 turbo'd and than thing was HECTIC!!!! up on every gearshift, I think it would be freaky but you will have to learn to use it propperly so you cans till enjoy your ride.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Personally i would be more inclined to get a supercharger that i have seen on a zxr1200 and some other retro bikes...
seen a gsxr1000 as well did something in the neighborhood of 200rwhp, the biggest differance is the the turbo is shit for taking turns, straight line is the only thing it is good for....

Thats why you dont see 600's running around with them.
turbo lag then boost kicking in doesnt make for a predictable ride..
A supercharger nets less power but is progressive all the way thru.

I am still debating a cbr1000rr with a supercharger giving right at 200rwhp and totally usable...cant beat that

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ok, I've got no clue as to how a supercharger works, can you share? I know a turbo uses a "pump" if you will to compress and forcec air into the engin. SUpercharger?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thats all well and good, but that fat ass filter looks like a clearance issue to me so no point in keeping the bike 'light n flickable' for racing. It'd only be a dragger at that point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.