Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
...in my cage! I will 'splain:

Something NOT to do, fellas: bring a knife to a gunfight.

I have a 1997 BMW 540i. For a big Euro sedan with a 32 valve V-8, it scoots right along, making about 310hp with (very) minor mods (engine management, intake). Of course, it weighs two tons. Do the math.

Thinking I'm the cat's meow c. last October, I thought I'd give some kid on an R6 his what-for. At a light on a relatively deserted local street, I revved the engine and threw down the gauntlet to Mr. R6 on my right, also stopped. He glanced at me, no more. Bugger.

The light hit green, I smoked it out of there through first. Now this is a car that'll do 0-60 in maybe 6 seconds with perfect traction. Doubt I did that, but my tires and clutch are good and the car took off quite well.

Right, right: Mr. R6 blew by me like I had loose plug wires. He took off into the sunset at maybe 100mph, still accelerating through 2nd or 3rd gear. This took perhaps 3 seconds from when the light turned. He toyed with me, in all probability.

Love it. One slice of Humble Pie, as ordered, monsieur!

-------------------------
-=DRB=-
Mill Creek, WA U.S.A.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you sound foreign DRB NW WA State USA, chip chip cheerio[:p]

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by DRB NW WA State USA

...in my cage! I will 'splain:

Something NOT to do, fellas: bring a knife to a gunfight.

I have a 1997 BMW 540i. For a big Euro sedan with a 32 valve V-8, it scoots right along, making about 310hp with (very) minor mods (engine management, intake). Of course, it weighs two tons. Do the math.

Thinking I'm the cat's meow c. last October, I thought I'd give some kid on an R6 his what-for. At a light on a relatively deserted local street, I revved the engine and threw down the gauntlet to Mr. R6 on my right, also stopped. He glanced at me, no more. Bugger.

The light hit green, I smoked it out of there through first. Now this is a car that'll do 0-60 in maybe 6 seconds with perfect traction. Doubt I did that, but my tires and clutch are good and the car took off quite well.

Right, right: Mr. R6 blew by me like I had loose plug wires. He took off into the sunset at maybe 100mph, still accelerating through 2nd or 3rd gear. This took perhaps 3 seconds from when the light turned. He toyed with me, in all probability.

Love it. One slice of Humble Pie, as ordered, monsieur!

-=DRB=-
Mill Creek, WA U.S.A.
540 is a hot car, my pal just bought the 02 M5. What a car

------

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't think your car ever had a chance, these new designs and light weight materials have a huge advantage, the only way you could have competed with him is if you were already rollin at a good speed,
slap on the wrist for thinking you could take him at a stand still!

hahaha[xx(]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.