Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I simply cut the cable that is used for the blinkers? The cable that attaches from the end blinker unit to the battery? Does that cable come with most small LED signals?

What is the proper way to remove?

·
Registered
192 Posts
bike > plug > turn signals.

If you are talking about cutting the wire after the plug, then you might be okay. I don't think LED kits come with enough wire to route all the way back to the plug, but i can't confirm that.

If you're going to cut the wire, i would recommend doing it on the turn signal end so that you have plenty of wire to use just in case. Also, for whatever reason, i think you'd rather have that plug be intact in case you need to the bike in or something. I don't think they'd want to see it missing/spliced.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cut the cable right at the tip of the blinker bulb.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just putting it out there but I'd just unplug the turns right near the battery. You can then go to cycle gear and buy the same plug that is attached to your turns for something like 2 bucks. They were ridiculously cheap. Then you don't have to cut anything when you screw up what ever you were going to do and plug the stockers back in. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts