Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just received my new front signals, and I was just wondering how you go about changing them? Do I need to cut the original wires, or are they a type of plug in wire? I know I have to remove the front fairing, but do I just remove the top part or the whole thing? Please, if anyone has changed them on their bike, please offer some hints to make this easier for me. Changing other things doesn't freak me out as much as changing electrical stuff. My bro took his to the shop and they frigged it all up and his bike shorted out on the road, i do not want that to happen to me!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I cut my wires and spliced on the stock plug . I removed the just the front fairing. I removed it by removing the 2 air intake covers, 3 fairing screws on each side, both mirrors and the 2 bolts near the instrument panel. After you get that stuff off. I then disconnected the black rubber hose and the whole front came off. No need to take out the 4 screws under the nose to get this off. After setting it on the table, you will then remove the 2 fairing screws that hold the black plastic air intake containers, or what ever those are out to reach the front signals. Good luck, not as hard as it sounds.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
yea run a search. Flashahhh did a really good write up on this a few years ago. A hint to putting the front fairing back on, put the mirrors on 1st, then do the rest of the stuff, it makes it line up alot easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.