Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to install my new fender eliminator with new rear turn signals. I cut the old turn signals off, then I rewired with the new turn signals. From there on, none of my turn signals work. I need help!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
If the new one uses LED's, its important to make sure you have the polarity right, so positive on the bike goes to positive on the blinkers.

Also when changing to LED signals, you often need to replace the flasher relay or they will blink at a very odd rate (sometimes very slow, sometimes very fast)

When you hit the turn signals now, on the dash, do does the turn indicator come on at all? even very faintly, and not flashing?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Most common mistake is to switch the blinker and ground wires, so switch them and see what happens. If you already crushed them together, cut the connector off and strip the covers off both and just wrap them around each other to test connections.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the dash, the turn indicators do not turn on if I signal. I'm not getting any sort of signaling. The turn signals aren't led either. There one of those generics ones.Possibly a fuse?

·
Registered
308 Posts
If the indicators on the dash do not turn on, you blew a fuse. When I first put my aftermarket signals on, I blew 3 fuses withing 2 days! I don't know what caused the fuses from blowing, but I just checked all the connections, replaced the flush mounts on the front, and now everything is fine. Check your fuse.

·
Registered
308 Posts
When you take your seat off, pull the fuse box, and lift the cover. You will see the legend on the back of the cover. I think it's a 10 amp fuse. You can get the fuse from any local parts store, or a gas station.

·
Registered
422 Posts
When it comes to stuff like that always check your fuses, your postive and negative or ground wires and connections. 9 out of 10 times it will be something like a fuse blown or you wired it wrong.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Did you cut the wires one at a time or both at the same time? If you cut both at the same time, then its the fuse!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.