Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it feasible? At some point I would like to ad fairings and instrument cluster just like the 650R.

I would like to know if it can be done within reasonable price range. I know anything can be done if you throw enough money into it. The key word is reasonable.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I dont see why not, how much its going to cost I dont know. Might just be better off selling your 6n and buying a 650

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Some of the fairing tabs are a bit different on the Ninja 650R frame but you should be able to sort that out without too much difficulty.

Yes, the instruments clusters are interchangeable on both bikes (plug and play).

I've seen plenty of people streetfighter their 650R's but have yet to see anyone put 650R fairings on an ER6n.

If you haven't already checked you may be a bit shocked at the cost of the 650R fairings and instrument cluster.

Keep us posted- sounds like an interesting project!

T

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I dont see why not, how much its going to cost I dont know. Might just be better off selling your 6n and buying a 650

^ +1

Cost-wise if you buy 650R fairings, headlight, brackets, instrument cluster, mirrors etc at US Retail you're going to be looking at around $2000 in parts. Certainly more economical to sell the ER6 and buy a 650R.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had transform my er6f to er6n and the analog gauge of the "N" doesn't work on the "F" they have different wiring diagram. Just my two cent. I agree that it is economical to sell your and and buy the er6f.;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like my brother will have to buy my Er-6n for me to get the 650R. ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
i had transform my er6f to er6n and the analog gauge of the "N" doesn't work on the "F" they have different wiring diagram. Just my two cent. I agree that it is economical to sell your and and buy the er6f.;)
Is the N gauge you are trying to use a 09 or a 08 version ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Some of the fairing tabs are a bit different on the Ninja 650R frame but you should be able to sort that out without too much difficulty.

Yes, the instruments clusters are interchangeable on both bikes (plug and play).

I've seen plenty of people streetfighter their 650R's but have yet to see anyone put 650R fairings on an ER6n.

If you haven't already checked you may be a bit shocked at the cost of the 650R fairings and instrument cluster.

Keep us posted- sounds like an interesting project!

T
Tony
Can you confirm that the Socket and the pin out of the ER6n 09/10 is the same as the 650R/ER6F 09/10. Was thinking of using the F gauge for my N.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Someone from my country actually did. Saw some pic when he posted it on sale early this year. Fully faired, spray painted KTM orange, but still using the N gauge. Kinda ghetto like. Tried to locate the pic but that posting got deleted, so it's a dead end.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Tony
Can you confirm that the Socket and the pin out of the ER6n 09/10 is the same as the 650R/ER6F 09/10. Was thinking of using the F gauge for my N.
I sold my 650R a while back so can no longer compare the gauge plug with that on my ER6n. I thought they were the same, but perhaps I am mistaken...

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
FWIW I've seen 650R gauge on modified ER6n so I know it's possible:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Where are you located... I just wrecked my 650R and am going w/the street fighter look, I have quite a few parts we could swap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts