Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
You notice a difference in power/sound etc.. when swapping the header pipes Joel ?
Hey mate! Long time no talk (since i saw you last year ha)

Sound was a bit louder/tiny bit deeper, occasionally get a tin kind of sound when idling/low RPM even though it's Ti. Power wise, was a bit more up top, kept up with 750's (04 gixs) when accelerating down the turn/straight easier than before.. Low rpm is horrid, have to clutch till about 5k or sounds like it's going to die, but hoping the PC3 will help it.

If you can pick one up cheap I'd suggest going for it to try it. Will lose a 1kg or 2 as well, let alone with the SS headers

That was also without any PC. Just got my 10mins ago and off to install, will most likely be hitting the 1/4 mile on Saturday with a laptop to try different maps too

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hey mate! Long time no talk (since i saw you last year ha)

If you can pick one up cheap I'd suggest going for it to try it. Will lose a 1kg or 2 as well, let alone with the SS headers
managed to get a set of arrow headers so they're going on soon enough.
Defo get yourself a pc3 if you haven't yet, makes a huge difference

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got the PC3 in, took it down the strip 2 on the Saturday and Wednesday. Saturday I just had the stock map the PC3 came with. Best time was 11.394 and top speed of 201.78km/h (125.38mph)

On the wednesday put in JD's map. instantly got a bit better times (just. only because I suck at launching) but over the line jumped up over 5km/h each run from my fastest on Saturday. Best speed was 207.50km/h, 128.93mph) Was going to try tweakmons but ran out of time..
I got the occasional flat spot at the top of 4th (around 14.5k) on 2 runs for some reason. My filter is dirty as hell though.

All in all, bike's running much better and can't wait to get it tuned itself.

Jesper, have you tried jdgun's map? it's no where near as rich as tweakmon's

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ran tweakmoms map, bike ran great but like ya said was well rich,exhaust was well sooted up, loaded up jd's map not as rich and bike ran fantastic..:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nothing wrong with tweakmoms map,just ran a bit rich for me... But brilliant him sharing it ..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks, just hooked up my PC3 and your map is the first one I chose. I have a Jardine RT-1. It seems to run much better than without the PC3, but I was curious how do I know I am getting the most out of the map. I'm guessing just play around with it. Thanks agian

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Thanks, just hooked up my PC3 and your map is the first one I chose. I have a Jardine RT-1. It seems to run much better than without the PC3, but I was curious how do I know I am getting the most out of the map. I'm guessing just play around with it. Thanks agian
You would need to run it on a dyno, before and after loading the map to see what HP gains you've achieved.

;)

321 - 329 of 329 Posts