Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone try to fit some 06 zx10r style cans on the 636? I don't like most of the twin can designs that are out and was wondering if the y-pipe from the 10 might work.
thanks!

·
Registered
636 Posts
My guess would be they would not fit. Those cans are very large and would not lend well to the 636's tail. They would stick out way too much to look good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess would be they would not fit. Those cans are very large and would not lend well to the 636's tail. They would stick out way too much to look good.
but the tails are nearly identical, I would think just fabbing up some mounting brackets would solve any mounting issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
find a can and test fit it if it works then awesome if it doesnt then oh well or if they stick out cut them down and if the pipe doesnt fit fab one up or get it fabed up

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've thought about this too. I'm sure you could work something up. There's always cheap stuff out there for playing with.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I took an '06 zx10r single two brothers can, cut it down, and gutted it a little to make a single two brothers exhaust for my 2005 zx636. im at work so i'll upload pics when I get home.

·
Registered
495 Posts
id like to see that, but as far as others i dont like the two brothers design, devil looks ok, but i like the look of the d&d twin can design and the new pine box, havent heard the d&d on a 636 but i have on a 04 cbr600 and it sounded good and im sure everyone (most) know about pinebox and i love how that sounds.

-sean

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a hold of an 06 10r exhaust. Just from eye-balling it, it doesn't look like it's going to work, the ypipe seems to come through the section between the swingarm and the rearset, which I don't think it will clear. I'm going to look it over a little better as soon as I get a chance. I figure if I can get the stock system on, I can throw some aftermarket cans on it after that.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I got a hold of an 06 10r exhaust. Just from eye-balling it, it doesn't look like it's going to work, the ypipe seems to come through the section between the swingarm and the rearset, which I don't think it will clear. I'm going to look it over a little better as soon as I get a chance. I figure if I can get the stock system on, I can throw some aftermarket cans on it after that.
One thing is the tubing sizes are different(mainly from the mid-pipe to the header/cat). The 10r mid-pipe is larger and has the butterfly valve on it.

The main problem is it being titanium. If you have to cut and/or weld it, better know what your doing and have the right tools to do it.

If you do get something going, post some pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts