Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my pipe came in the mail today so tore the bike down and installed the pipe. Before i put it back together i decided to check for leaks and what do ya know it was leaking at the header pipe/mid pipe connection and at the mid pipe/mid pipe connection so i checked the clamps both very tight. So i deciced to go buy some high temp silicone, took it all back apart and smeared the silicone in both connections and then put it back together. I let it cure for about an hour fired her up and no leaks....or as of yet. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem and if they did how'd they stop it...

·
Registered
296 Posts
yea. but u can usually just get away with repositioning the exhaust gasket ring. you know what i mean? take the pipe out. put the gasket IN the pipe and not ON the other pipe. slide it in as far as you need and clamp it down

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea. but u can usually just get away with repositioning the exhaust gasket ring. you know what i mean? take the pipe out. put the gasket IN the pipe and not ON the other pipe. slide it in as far as you need and clamp it down
I understand what your saying, i tried that where the mid pipe goes into the cat but it didn't help, and there is no gasket where the two pieces of mid pipe go together, just a barrel clamp. Its all good tho i just got back from a lil ride no leaks and i love the exhaust:)
It sounds so much better than my modded stock...its definately worth the $$$ less weight, more power, better sound...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you pant-less in your avatar? Hehe.
No...lol, i bought my bike in march of 07' it was tad cold i had on coveralls and two sweatshirts

·
Registered
50 Posts
every exhaust system ive ever put on my bikes or done for anybody else ive always put the silicone in because its just a better guarantee for the seal and ive never really trusted bolts to stay tight on anything anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts