Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my two bros and powercommander installed. I've tried a few maps including one that fuelmoto installed, the dynojet map, and tweakmon's map with fuel pump accel adjustments. The maps don't feel that different. Also the rpms seem to climb slower than before I did either mod both in gear and when revving in neutral, Any thoughts? My bike just feels slower

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
when i installed the two bros and power commander the major thing i noticed was how fast it revved in neutral the throttle response was greatly improved on my bike. somethin sounds fishy to me with your bike.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the response keith. What could it be? Is there a possibility one of the cylinder's plug wasen't all the way in and may not be firing. Thats a hypothesis I have. I guess if this is the issue i could prob the tank back up and check it out. I'm thinking it is powercommander related since there is almost no noticable difference between the maps AND my bike still backfires some when I let off the throttle if I've been revving hard

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a 2 bro's on my 05 636r..All i can say is i love it..I just did an oil change,new plugs,and a k/n filter and to me it seems to have a quicker responce as well..O yeah guys you might be interested in this link..according to the guy who post this site,well he sez its good for and extra 5-10 hp on yer top end..heres the site..
http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/165/88/

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not done the ECU mod yet but I do not think that is what my bike's problem is. It seems to lack power across the powerband. Nobody has any ideas? this is really starting to worry me since i spent so much on the bike and the two bros and the powercommander I just want my bike to run how its supposed to. Also it hesitates from a standstill to the point where i have to give it more throttle than i used to have to and it still pings or tries to stall.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
maybe the map is not getting loaded onto the power commander correctly or one of the wire harnesses to the fuel injectors has come loose after installing the power commander

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After work tonite I will check for exhaust leaks and lift the tank back up to check injector plug tightness. I really hope this fixes my problem.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
problem solved. One of those dirtstankin plusk must have came loose when i was situating the tank on reinstall. I'm so glad to have my bike running right again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.