Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased and installed the Two Brothers Exhaust for the 2008 650r. First, it sounds amazing, a lot better than the other's I heard such as Arrow and Scorpian. The install was pretty easy and ran into no real problems. Just some trouble fitting my hands in places to harness it. Took about 45 minutes to an hour tops.

Anyway, to my question, is there any other tune ups I need to get done after adding this? Such as a higher performance air filter or any other mod? All I did was installed it on my factory bike and off I went. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And if I keep it like it is, is it going to be ok?

One other thing for anyone else that has installed this on their bike. When I press the foot break in fully, it touches the exhaust. I tried to fiddle with it and it was a little better, but if the brake is pressed down hard, it still wants to touch the exhaust slightly. Has anyone had this problem? If so, did you have to do a lot of wiggling and adjusting to get it to work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I haven't heard of the brake problem but as far as parts to get with the pipe; you may want to change out the air filter and look into a power commander. They aren't necessary, but they will help you make the most of the mods and get more power and response.

Install one and they should have a map that you can download for the unit matched to your pipe with or without air filter that will take care of the rest for you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ive read that the more expensive filters dont flow that much better than the stock one so...... IDK

GET A POWER COMMANDER! Take it to a place with a good dyno. You know one mounted in the floor and not a rolling one. Have them make you a custom map for your bike, and your exhaust, and what kind of power gains you want, and where you want it. It will wake that bitch UP!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
No other mods are really needed. Power Comanders and new maps can really boost your performance, but you might lose mpg. Me personally I'm going to just get a slip on for the sound and weight cut and leave it as is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I talked to a guy at the Kawi Dealership and he said no additional mods were needed and that's what's nice about the slip on's: Just slap it on and go. I'll probably end up installing a new air filter in the future but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

The exhaust is doing great. More power in the lower gears and all around for the most part. I fixed the brake problem by moving mount around to drop it. It's just tough when you have slighly bigger hands. I also took the sound suppressor out. It sounds a little lounder (not extremely much), and definately a lot smoother.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thanks guys, I talked to a guy at the Kawi Dealership and he said no additional mods were needed and that's what's nice about the slip on's: Just slap it on and go. I'll probably end up installing a new air filter in the future but I'm not sure if it's worth it.quote]

I think I remember hearing somewhere that Two Brothers makes a "Juice Box". Its specifically designed for the bike your putting it on but its not adjustable. a PCIII is spendy and I would only consider it if I was going to the track to fine tune my powerband. If you get a lot of popping from your exhaust a PCIII will help. A free mod is to remove the subthrottle plates and the somethin or other stacks in the air box. It does give a different sound and seems to improve throttle response.

·
Registered
7 Posts
smog cannister removal

i have a 2 bros can to install, also i would like to remove and plug the smog cannister on the side of the tank of my ca model bike .can you help me with what i have to plg or not plug ,pics would be nice ,thanks tony

·
Registered
22 Posts
Personally, I think of the engine as an air pump. By changing your pipes you are allowing the bike to exhale better, however unless you change your air filter, the bike can't breath as deeply. So...if you allow more air in, the better the biek will perform with your less restrictive exhaust. As somebody else already mentioned, going with a programmable tuner is a good idea. Usually they come pre-programmed or can be programmed without any special tools to match how you have your bike set-up. Ideally speaking the tuner would richen your fuel mixture slightly to increase your combustion, thereby generating more power.

You will be amazed at the difference!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my two brothers because I wanted my bike to be heard... with the exhaust, I think I'm heard :) It's a little too loud for my tastes, but I try to think that it's safer to be louder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts