Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 8th of July I hit a piece of 4x4 timber at 140 kph...just another reason to hate truckies... Finally got the insurance sorted out only to find the rims have to come from Japan..another 14 - 21 days....Not a happy boy, just one very lucky one .

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Lucky you are! It could have been a lot worse...

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Stand up on the pegs, and lean back as far as possible while gripping the bike with your legs. You could try blipping the throttle just before impact, if you have really fast reflexes.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
everything tommyv said AND dont look down! look straight ahead, wherever you look is the direction you will go. msf had a 2 obstacles for this subject.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had just enough time to start putting my weight onto my legs. I hit it square,two big bangs and a very small wriggle when she touched down. I kept going and after a couple of minutes took it up to 170 km/h to make sure nothing was gonna fall off. I managed to ride it 30km on open highway to get home but the last 5 km were very wobbly because the back was losing air. 5 minutes after I got home the back tire was completely flat.
In retrospect I realise what I did was EXTREMELY foolish but I wasn't prepared to abandon my bike on the highway. Out where we live if you leave a car on the side of the road people start stripping it the next day.

Thanks everyoune for your concern.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
107 Posts
magoo is right, I have seen cars that have stopped on the side of the road, near where magoo is from, being used as 'spare' parts within a day of being left on the side of the road.

It really annoys me when a truck loses it tread off its tyre(s) and leaves the rubber on the road. Its bloody scary doing the speed limit (100kph) to see the car in front swerve to reveal the deadly 'present' left on the road for you!!!

I'm glad to see that you're OK.

Corbywan

·
Registered
333 Posts
yep very lucky !! They just dont seem to give a shit about stuff falling off
and stopping to pick it up.

mfzx6r

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.