Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can anyone confirm if the 08/09 front master cylinder are the same part? I know the 08 with work on the 09, I'm curious if it's actually the same part.

is the 08/09 lower triple/steering stem interchangable?

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
You can go to Kawasaki.com and check the part numbers there. You can look up the part number for one year and look up what models and years it's compatible with.

Very easy to do.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Triple will def not work. 09 fork tubes are bigger than 08

·
Registered
445 Posts
You can go to Kawasaki.com and check the part numbers there. You can look up the part number for one year and look up what models and years it's compatible with.

Very easy to do.
Just because the part numbers don't match, doesn't mean its not the same. Kawasaki and other motorcycles companies are pretty good at creating new part numbers for everything in a model year change, even things that at 100% exactly the same.

is the 08/09 lower triple/steering stem interchangable?
No, 09 has BPF...

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Just because the part numbers don't match, doesn't mean its not the same. Kawasaki and other motorcycles companies are pretty good at creating new part numbers for everything in a model year change, even things that at 100% exactly the same.

No, 09 has BPF...
I have never seen that happen, they may have different part numbers for different colors, but I have nevr seen Kawasaki change a part number just because they felt like it.

Can you give us some examples??

I'm not saying that some parts with different part numbers are not interchangeable. But the OP asked if the were the same part and the only way to verify that is checking the OEM part numbers.

Please give us some examples here Kawasaki has the same part with two different part numbers.

:(

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

No, 09 has BPF...
very good, whats your point? If you would search the many threads covering this topic you will find that the 09's are 1mm larger than the 08

1 - 6 of 6 Posts