Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I know the difference in the riding positions on these bikes. But what about two up comfort. Would there big a huge difference? Thank you

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Depends on the passenger really. My last bike was a 2003 YZF600R, very similar to the ZZR I beleive. I ride 2 up with my daughter (13, 100lbs) on occasion and she actually finds the zx6 more comfortable. On the YZF her feet would fall asleep for some reason. No issues with that on the ZX but she did complain (only a little) about the passenger seat not being as cushy ;) I actually find it more comfortable riding 2 up with her on the ZX as well. She isn't constantly sliding into me since the seats are separate. She knows to put her hands on the tank and look thru the turns with me too. She is really a great passenger on either bike.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My girl (5'7" 120) does not like the seating on the 636 as compared to my old 89 fzr 600 or 2003 yzf r6 she says it is up a little too high and puts to much pressure on her hands and arms than is comfortable for a longer ride.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I've seen a guy riding 2 up with his girl on an '05 ZX-6R. He would scoot all the way up against the tank and she would sit in the rider seat right behind him instead of up on the passenger seat. It limited his movement on the bike for sure but I'm sure it was easier on her and would keep the majority of the weight centered on the bike like when riding solo. I don't think it is something I will try with my daughter tho.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have both an 01 ZX6R (same as 05-07 ZZR) and picked up a 06 636 about a month ago... The ZZR is definately much more comfortable. We did a weekend trip to lancaster (500 miles roundtrip) without a problem. Went to Cape May, NJ and back last weekend which was about 300 miles and I opted to take the 01 ZX6R which I still have rather than the 636.. The riding position of the 636 for the rider is a bit more aggressive, and its higher for the passenger so the reach to the tank is a bit longer as a result. The ZZR also has the nice passenger handles, which can come in handy at times...

They are certainly different, and we both prefer the ZX6R/ZZR, but thats because its what we are used to... If we had the 636 first and then moved to the ZX6R our opinion may be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.