Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM THINKING OF CHANGING MY TYRES FROM STOCK 120/60/17 AND 170/60/17 TO THE J SERIES TYRE SIZE OF 120/65/17 AND 180/55/17 ANY FEEDBACK GOOD OR BAD PLEASE.

NINJA21[:p]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I don't think it is a good idea. That will raise the front about 6mm and lower the back about 2mm, exactly the opposite of what most people do to get quicker handling. The 55 and 65 series tire are also available in only limited selections.

If you are bent on having a 180 rear you would probably be better off going to a 180/60 and leaving the front as it is. If the '99 has the same width rim as the '00 and up it probably won't effect the tire profile. This would also raise the back about 6mm, which would probably be good. The down side is that bigger tires weigh more and cost a little more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently switched and noticed the frnt. end wont turn in. I am in the process of replacing my stock shock with an ohilins so I will post more as I get it dialed in . A friend of mine raced an 02 and he dropped the forks 1 cm and cranked the ride height all the way up. the quickend turn in ( he was scraping the left case @ VIR in turn 1)but may have made it slightly less stable. Its all a compromise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.