Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question, but why do so many people say "tyres", as opposed to "tires?"[?]

·
Registered
149 Posts
A "non-U.S. country", WTF? That would be every country in the world except the U.S. Actually we use tire up here as well and we are a non-U.S. country. I believe that "tyre" is a British thing and would be common in english speaking countries that were british colonies but not, apparently, in all of them. We use colour, but I think it might be just so that we are different, probably no sensible reason and now that is just the way it is.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yeah, you're right, I did sound kinda like a dumbass[B)]

I meant more along the lines of what you said, I just didn't type in any coherent sense.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I knew what you meant so you weren't that incoherent, I guess I just couldn't resist a chance to be a smartass or maybe more accurately a jackass [}:)]. But hey, I gotta be me, pity my family and others who must deal with this crap on a regular basis. But perhaps between us we have answered the tyre vs tire question for 2KZX-9.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess we need someone from the U.K. to clarify. I'm sure you guys are right, but can we get an approval from the U.K. lol!

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by markmcwilson
Yes, tyre is correct in countries not founded by illiterate colonials. :D
I dont noe wut ur tawkin abowt.

[:M22]

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Ooh, ooh! I do.

Just because I may be descended from convicts doesn't mean I can't spel or write good. ;)

Hmmm, maybe I should throw in a threat about stealing your bread or something. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by Nigel
Ooh, ooh! I do.

Just because I may be descended from convicts doesn't mean I can't spel or write good. ;)

Hmmm, maybe I should throw in a threat about stealing your bread or something. :D
One of the Buchanan's on my grandmother's side "emigrated" through that policy. Lucky shite.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just because I may be descended from convicts doesn't mean I can't spel or write good.
Quote from J.A.F.O.

I think SPELL is with two l's not one. Thanks Anthony
Also where I come from we say water not wooder, but that's just one example, just like
tyres and tires.

--Anthony

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Ok, so humour doesn't always translate the way we'd like it to when put into written form. I guess you missed the smiley at the end of that sentence.

The other deliberate mistake was "write good", when it should have been "write well" or "write properly". :)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Originally posted by Nigel
Ok, so humour doesn't always translate the way we'd like it to when put into written form. I guess you missed the smiley at the end of that sentence.

The other deliberate mistake was "write good", when it should have been "write well" or "write properly". :)
I got it, must be our convict blood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.