Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that other countries zx10r have the front turn signals integrated in the bodywork and on the U.S. Version they pop out. The flushmount look a whole lot better.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by falconeight
Has anyone else noticed that other countries zx10r have the front turn signals integrated in the bodywork and on the U.S. Version they pop out. The flushmount look a whole lot better.
Uh... Yes......

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yeah, when I saw the first pics a couple of months ago I was pissed about it. Why the hell can't we get the cool stuff? :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
I asked the Kawasaki Rep. at the Dallas show why we didn't get the Euro turn signals and he said it was because of insurance. They have to be highly visible here in the states.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well you could just order side fairings from theu UK or somewhere and smack them on, I think they look way better like that.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It doesn't really make sense though, cauze there are bikes in North AMerica that have non-standard signals. The canadian ex-250, the ZX-6E, the CBR1100 to name a few. How can they meet DOT standards, and this 10R not also meet them? Only thing I can see is the 10R's were really flush, and didn't protrude at all. The kawi's I mentioned above had the bodywork protruding out a bit, and the CBR's are in the mirrors.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by 99zx6r
Well you could just order side fairings from theu UK or somewhere and smack them on, I think they look way better like that.
You wont need the whole fairing, look at the US models, you can see there is still the trianlgle cutout for the flushmounts there, just has the normal signal lights fit in there.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That's what I was thinking GreenEnvy. And, even if we can't order those b/c we are in the states someone overseas might be willing to get them for us and ship them over.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
Originally posted by 99zx6r
You wont need the whole fairing, look at the US models, you can see there is still the trianlgle cutout for the flushmounts there, just has the normal signal lights fit in there.

I think I'll order the flesh mounts... I hate the missles the U.S. version comes with. Same size as the 636, got rid of those as fast as I could.. and probably saved two seconds cause of better wind resistance... (I'm joking by the way). :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.